Regular Income | Long Term Stability
Affluence Funds Management seeks to provide a combination of monthly income and long-term capital growth by investing with the best boutique fund managers available.
Access our monthly newsletter to get investment ideas, fund reports and profiles of great managers.
How we find the bestAffluence seeks the very best investment managers – the top 1%. We continuously screen potential investment opportunities to unearth the best investment funds and managers available in Australia.
We want to ensure that each fund manager we invest with can provide the best returns with lower than average volatility over the long-term.
We undertake due diligence on each Fund Manager before we invest, to ensure they meet our criteria and to maintain comfort they can continue to deliver outstanding results.
How we protect against riskWe aim to minimize risk through diversification. We tend to avoid investment opportunities that:
- Have abnormally high fixed management fees and costs, without a great track record to match
- Charge an active management fee but in reality hold a portfolio which very closely follows the index they invest in
- Require substantial borrowing to achieve an acceptable return
- Have been serial underperformers, after fees and costs
- Invest in assets we do not believe will produce an acceptable long-term return
- Are likely to result in unacceptably high risk, particularly during when stock markets are falling
What makes Affluence Funds Management different?
|Traditional Fund Managers||Affluence – Invest Differently|
|Follow The Herd: Traditional managers are too scared to fail, so they don’t succeed. Most don’t outperform the index||Actively Pursue Out-performance: From our fee structure alignment to our investment methodology, our strategy targets positive returns and low volatility.|
|Restricted Product Selection: Commonly places clients into their own managed funds or choose from a restricted list of ‘approved’ funds.||Best Of Breed: We will seek the best fund managers, and combine them in a way which cushions against equity market corrections.|
|Traditional Asset Classes: Manage large amounts in traditional asset classes (e.g. ASX200 equities), which minimises chances of excess performance.||Unique Strategies: We prefer managers who operate in specialised markets with less funds under management and a competitive advantage.|
|High, Fixed Fees: Take fees regardless of performance.||No Fixed Fees: Our fees are 100% performance bases.|
Why Invest with Affluence?
We aim to maximise returns and minimise risk.
Our philosophy centres around a few core key themes:
If you want better than average returns, you need to invest differently and more strategically than the crowd.
Being aware of long-term cycles and seeking to time investments can significantly improve performance.
Invest For Value
Value investing works best in the long term, particularly when combined with positive momentum.
Long term success requires a long term focus, which in turn requires patience and discipline.
Investing in markets where there is less competition makes it easier to achieve above average results.
A focus on lowering volatility of returns through diversification provides comfort for investors.
Subscribe to Affluence News:
- Get monthly updates, including featured investment ideas
- Learn about our funds and how we find the best
- See profiles of great fund managers and why we like them
- Unlock Affluence Membership and access exclusive content
- Best of all – it’s absolutely free