man holding coins with a small plant
Affluence LIC Fund

Affluence LIC Fund Update – December 2016

Posted on Last Updated on

Written by

Home » Affluence LIC Fund Update – December 2016

To view the full Affluence LIC Fund Update – December 2016 in pdf format, click here.

Australian and global markets continued to climb in December. The ASX 200 increased by 4.4% for the month, and 11.8% for the calendar year. This was a strong finish to the year after the index delivered 2.6% and 5.6% for the two previous years. The Affluence LIC Fund increased by 1.5% in December, to bring total performance since inception 8 months ago to 12.6%. At the end of December, the Fund held investments in 20 Listed Investment companies representing 79% of the Fund. The remaining 21% was cash.

We are currently carrying more cash than normal due to the Australian and global markets running so fast. We would not be surprised if prices continue to increase on the back of positive sentiment and momentum. However we are concerned about the overall valuation level of the markets, and believe it is prudent to hold more cash for future potential opportunities,
The biggest positive contributors to this months performance were MFF Capital Investments (MFF), WAM Leaders (WLE), Ellerston Asian Investments (EAI) and Templeton Global Growth (TGG).

This fund is currently closed for investment. If you are interested in investing in this fund, please let us know and we will place you on the waiting list if we open it in the future.

Recommended Articles

Affluence eNews article

Let us help you make better investment decisions

Our monthly eNews includes Fund updates, investment ideas and other things we find interesting. It’s the best way for us to keep in touch, and for you to get to know us better.

And we believe it’s important that you understand how we invest before you consider putting your money to work with us.

Subscribe here to get our best ideas delivered straight to your inbox.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.